La Delta Dental Community Care Foundation reconoce a 29 estudiantes sobresalientes de la facultad de odontología
29 de junio de 2018
SAN FRANCISCO — The Delta Dental Community Care Foundation recently recognized 29 exceptional dental school students with an award for $10,000 each, totaling $290,000.
The Delta Dental Community Care Foundation Student Leadership Award recognizes graduating dental school students who demonstrate outstanding leadership abilities and dedication to providing dental care and/or oral health education to underserved communities while attending dental school in one of the 15 states, and Washington, D.C., where the Foundation serves.
Twenty-nine dental schools participated in this year's awards. The deans and faculty at each dental school handpicked their award winner for his or her strong leadership skills, dedication for serving others, and passion for the field of dentistry. The students were presented with their award at their dental school's awards or commencement ceremonies in front of their friends, family, teachers, and peers.
"We're proud to recognize these outstanding dental school students by awarding them for their wonderful achievements," said Karen Robinson, vice president of Corporate Affairs for Delta Dental. "In addition to strong academic skills, each student has shown a very special dedication to serving those who are less fortunate, which aligns with our foundation's goals of helping the underserved receive proper dental care and education."
Delta Dental Community Care Foundation Student Leadership Award winners:
- Joseph M. Youssef, University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry
- Giana Maria Lupinetti, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- Kathryn Champion, Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
- Mechay Rush Gray, University of Alabama School of Dentistry
- Rakeb Tilahun, Howard University College of Dentistry
- Ashley Boettger, University of Utah School of Dentistry
- Samuel Lovejoy, Roseman University College of Dental Medicine
- Pete Angelo Petrides, West Virginia University School of Dentistry
- Tanya Sue Maestas, University of Texas School of Dentistry in Houston
- Amanda Mitchell, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Dentistry
- Lauren Brubaker, Texas A&M University College of Dentistry
- Jay H. Patel, Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry
- Lam Bui, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Stephen C. Rogers, University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
- Taylor Cohen, University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine
- Rachel Vorwaller, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Sana Nasir, New York University College of Dentistry
- Tyler Samuel Wheeler, University of Mississippi School of Dentistry
- Jessica Grenfell, Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine
- Margaret M. Saludis, University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- Edward Dark Starr, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Dentistry
- Dahlia Levine, Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University
- Austin Belknap, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Dental Medicine
- Alejandro Quesada, University of Florida College of Dentistry
- Diana Heineken, Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
- Melissa Toni Lin, University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry
- Jin Ki Kang, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of the University of Southern California
- Albert Scott Young, University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- Kyle Leis, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
To learn more about the Delta Dental Community Care Foundation, please visit deltadentalins.com/about/community/philanthropy.
Acerca de Delta Dental Community Care Foundation
The Delta Dental Community Care Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Delta Dental of California and its affiliated companies including Delta Dental Insurance Company, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., and Delta Dental of Pennsylvania. The foundation's mission is to increase access to quality dental care by providing funding and support to advance research, education and access to dental care across our 15-state service area plus the District of Columbia.